Job Opening – Account Manager
About Forum Communications
Founded in 2012, Forum Communications is a full-service strategic marketing agency focused on helping startups, for-profit businesses, and nonprofits find their voice in a crowded marketplace. We offer everything from branding, graphic design, digital marketing (SEO, PPC, social media, email marketing), web design and development (all from scratch and all to reflect the brand identity of our client), public and community relations, advertising, crisis communications, creative communications planning, marketing strategy, and the like.
Why Choose Us?
We are a uniquely positioned, growing, nimble agency focused on serving as a trusted and reliable partner to our clients. We are passionately involved in every aspect of our clients’ businesses and take our responsibility to grow their bottom lines very much to heart.
- We are an experienced, full-service agency that has a proven track record of planning and executing public relations, marketing, branding and communications strategies. We have worked with 339 unique clients in 40+ exciting industries across 12 states.
- Our team members have 130 years’ experience in the marketing industry.
- We create multi-channel, fully integrated plans that address all facets of our clients’ needs.
- We believe in forming a partnership with our clients, allowing us to maintain close involvement and regular contact, while reporting key metrics to stakeholders.
- Our agency-client partnerships are just that: partnerships. We believe in honesty across the board. So, no hiding information or withholding strategies. If we work together, we’ll find success together.
- We engage clients who are passionate about what they do and want to further their impact on their community and industry.
- We study our clients from all angles and develop strategies and materials specifically designed to meet needs; we don’t believe in “copy + paste.”
- We utilize innovative tactics in all projects, no matter how large or small, aimed at achieving results and enhancing brands.
Our Core Values
At Forum’s core, the people and clients that we work with matter. We believe in honesty, transparency, and finding success together. Our core values are built upon four principles:
- Mutual respect – this includes mutual respect for our teammates, and in the relationship between Forum and our clients.
- Results driven – our clients don’t pay us because we’re nice people; they pay us to bring home the bacon.
- Incredible work – we are talented professionals who work hard to win for our clients, in a way that we can help them see and feel the fruits of our labor.
- Work / life balance – work should not become a four-letter word in life. We believe in a manageable workload, having bandwidth to sufficiently complete projects, taking vacation, and sharing in the joy that is life at Forum.
Account Manager Job Description
We are seeking a full-time candidate to join our growing team. The primary function of this position is to develop marketing strategies for Forum clients and oversee the implementation of all tactics. In addition, this position will assist other members of the Forum team with implementing campaigns across multiple accounts. Overall responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting competitive analyses and market research
- Creating content for use across various channels including but not limited to news releases, ad copy, social media, print collateral, websites, blogs, and e-newsletters
- Ensuring the consistency of message, tone, and voice for clients
- Leading client social media strategies including paid social media
- Editing and proofing client materials
- Contributing to team brainstorming sessions
- Leading the creation and execution of marketing plans and campaigns
- Actively participating with project management of projects, clients, and tasks
- Supporting the digital team in execution of campaigns
Candidates who can assist with the following responsibilities will be highly considered:
- Conducting keyword research to assist with search engine optimization initiatives
- Writing and uploading content that is optimized for search engines
- Setting up Google Ads accounts and campaigns based on client objectives
- Creating goals and events in Google Analytics
- Tracking campaign performance utilizing tactics such as call tracking numbers and campaign tracking URLs
- Reporting on key metrics in Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of Facebook Ad Manager and the ability to place ads on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
The ideal candidate will possess the following traits / qualifications:
- 5+ years marketing experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or Advertising
- Strong writing and creative communication skills
- Ability to develop, implement, monitor, and measure strategic, multi-channel marketing and communication campaigns
- Ability to manage projects to completion and on deadline
- Comfortable in managing relationships within the team and clients
- Ability to create buyer personas, build plans, and craft messaging and concepts that directly address those specific audiences
- Working knowledge of core digital marketing competencies including email marketing, digital advertising, pay-per-click marketing, search engine optimization, and social media
- Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram & Twitter, including social media advertising
- Proficient with the WordPress platform
- Experience with the MailChimp platform
- Willingness to be a part of a team and to be a highly motivated, very involved team member
- Detail-oriented, analytical and a great listener
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter; someone who does not want, or need, to be micromanaged
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and prioritize work
- Comfortable working within a deadline-driven environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Office platforms
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Ads
- Experience in the marketing industry and in an agency setting is a plus
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for travel to meet with clients, prospects, and to attend other company meetings
- The ability to type 40+ words per minute
- Generous vacation / holiday policy
- Salaried position with additional incentive compensation based on performance of the company
- 401(k) program with up to 3.5% company match
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunity to work remotely
To apply for this position, please send creative samples, your portfolio, your resume and your cover letter to Matt Dubnik, Chief Engagement Officer.